Here is a mini post on how to use FORScan to reprogramming for Ford F150 XLT Halogen to Non-King Ranch LED Tail Lamp Retrofit.
FORScan Android/iOS/Window Free Download
How to Install & Configure FORScan for OHP ELMconfig
How to Use FORScan to Backup Module Data File
OBDLink MX Bluetooth or OHP Ford ELMconfig USB
Note: Prior to beginning, using FORScan or equivalent, check for any DTCs that may be present in any modules. Document the DTCs and clear. This step will assist in identifying any DTCs that were/were not created as a result of the following procedure.
JL3Z-13A409-G Harness (Tail Lamp) – Supports: BLIS, LED Tail/Reverse/Turn & Stop Lamps, LED
Bed Lamps, Trailer Assist Lamp, Rear View Camera and Tail Gate Lock Actuator. Requires using FORScan to Disable Rear Lamp Outage**.
LED Tail Lamps – LED tail lamp does NOT include BLIS module, mounting bracket or hardware
o 2015 thru 2017
(1) HL3Z-13404-D Non-King Ranch LED w/BLIS Tail Lamp As. – RH (has a $50 core charge)
(1) HL3Z-13405-D Non-King Ranch LED w/BLIS Tail Lamp As. – LH (no core charge)
- JL3Z-13404-F Non-King Ranch LED w/BLIS Tail Lamp As. – RH (has a $50core charge)
(1) JL3Z-13405-F Non-King Ranch LED w/BLIS Tail Lamp As. – LH (has a $50 core charge)
(2) 6.5” x 4.5” x 1/8” pieces of plexiglass (or Lexan) and silicone to fabricate covers for the BLIS
(8) #8 x 5/8” Pan Head Sheet Metal Screws – mounting plexiglass BLIS module covers to tail lamp housings
Install new 13A409 tail lamp harness
Fabricate BLIS Module Covers:
o Have Lowes or Home Depot cut (2) 6.5” x 4.5” x 1/8” plexiglass covers for both tail lamp housings
o Trim outside perimeter of plexiglass cover to fit over the BLIS module opening
o Drill (4) mounting holes in each plexiglass cover
Apply silicone to the tail lamp housing and attach the plexiglass covers to the tail lamps using (4)
screws at the mounting holes for the BLIS module.
Install tail lamps
**Note: use FORScan to change BCM address 726-27-02 from xxxx xxxx x1xx (“1” = Rear Lamp Outage Enabled) to xxxx xxxx x0xx (“0” = Rear Lamp Outage Disabled).
2015 thru 2017 Non-King Ranch LED Tail Lamps
2018 Non-King Ranch LED Tail Lamps
Article from:Ford F150 XLT Halogen to Non-King Ranch LED Tail Lamp Retrofit by FORScan