Ford Integrated Diagnostic System also short called Ford IDS,uses Ford proprietary software to run on a Windows based PC (Laptop, Mini Laptop, Desktop, Netbooks, etc.) with the Vehicle Communication Module (VCM) or other Ford diagnostic device,such as vxdiag vcx , and the Vehicle Measurement Module (VMM).
IDS Software License is subscription based.(For official version)
Main points about the IDS Software Licensing subscription:
The license subscription is for a fixed time period. When it expires, it will disable use of vehicle communications functionality within IDS.
The license is activated on a computer using IDS and is independent from the VCM [i.e., any VCM may beused]
- Each computer requires a license to use IDS for vehicle communication
- A license can only be used on one computer at a time
A unique license Activation Code is provided with each software subscription. The license activation code is entered in IDS to activate the software shown in Figure 1.
- A license may be activated using an online or offline process.
A license can be returned online and then activated on a different computer online or offline. This allows the license to be transferred from one computer to another.
An active license automatically validates when connected to the Internet. The validation is effective for 30 days whether online or offline.
Ford IDS Software Free Download:
Ford IDS v106 for VCM,VCMII,VCMM
Bosch Ford Product Group:FPG (Firmware),VCI Manager
FPG v188.8.131.52 Included in R106 use with VCM II or VCMM
Vehicle Measurement System VMS
VMS v1.0.505.17 use with VCMM
Measurement Library (Firmware)
Measurement Library v0.67.78.0 use with VCMM
Ford IDS v106 For VXDIAG VCX NANO Ford
Ford IDS Software Function List:
- Programming & Installation of new ECUs (PCM, ABS, Instrument Cluster, Air Bag, Fuel Pumps, etc.)
Live Data-stream with Recording & Playback Functions for Main ECUs
3. Read & Clear Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs)
4. Set, Adjust or Remove Speed Governors
5. Automatic vehicle recognition
6. New Software Re-flash for Existing ECUs
7. All Other Dealer Functions
8. Steering Angle Resets
9. Guided Fault Finding
10. Program New Keys
11. DPF Regeneration
12. Brake Bleeding
13. Injector Coding